Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Colored Denim!

Celebs are rockin' this look everywhere you look. Leann Rimes (ugh, not a fan, but she's wearing them in the pic so I should give her credit where it's due), Whitney Port, and Cameron Diaz are all wearing a neutral peachy shade, while Anna Kendrick, Leann Rimes (again?!), and Ashley Greene wear them in green.

(Pics are courtesy of People Style Watch)

Surprisingly wearable, huh? Or are you still not convinced? I will say, I really like the minty color on Leann, they're definitely more subtle than the bright green or turquoise. The peach is more ready-to-wear as well, but I'm not sure if my peachy skin would look too hot with peach pants. I don't need flesh colored pants! ;)

I bought a pair of tuquoise jeans from H&M a few years ago, but they sat in my closet with the tags on FOREVER. I guess I just wasn't ready to brave the stares, but now I'm kicking myself for giving them away. I just didn't have the right resources to pull them off, and now that I do, I'm wishing I had them back!

I was browsing around Urban Outfitters and found a pair of colored denim in almost every single shade. They're all definitely more on the bright side, but I think they're perfect for a lunch date or a fun night out on the town. I'll pick two colors, a more understated pair, and a "louder" pair, and break it down for you, piece by piece. Enjoy!

Look #1: BDG Cigarette Mid-Rise Jean-Teal. Teal jeans are a perfect starting point because they're similar to regular denim, but they still have a tiny punch of color. Perfect for those who are a bit weary of the colored denim trend. Since I'm on a huge tribal print kick, I would pair it with this Striped Tribal Graphic Tank from Forever21. It's perfect and adds some much needed brightness to the jeans. Pair it with some tribal inspired accessories and you're set!

Look #2: BDG Cigarette High-Rise Jean-Yellow. Now, yellow is a bit more "out there", but they're still totally wearable. I think these would be fun to just wear with a white tee or tank, but they're still super stylish paired with red or navy blue. You could also be SUPER daring and wear them with another bright color like purple. I really like all the colors on this Patch Pocket Satin Tank from Charlotte Russe. You could definitely wear this with the yellow pants as well as your regular jeans. I'm thinking some clear lucite jewelry with this (like a chunky necklace) and some black heels for a night out on the town. Purrrrfect.

Well, there ya have it. I hope I've given you the courage to try this trend, and if not, at least you got some online shopping in!

Muah!
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...