Thursday, January 26, 2012

I'll admit, I would absolutely LOVE to own a pair of designer heels. Or carry a designer bag on my perfectly manicured hand while a Tiffany charm bracelet delicately dangles from my wrist. The reality of that is though, is, that will probably never happen. I'm not going to cry about it though because I truly believe you can LOOK the part without breaking the bank. Plus, I'm one of those people that has an anxiety attack just about every time I go shopping, so saving me a mental breakdown is probably a good thing. ;)

I occasionally browse Neiman Marcus's website and drool over their shoes, bags, and gowns. Then guess what I do...head over to my go-to websites and try to find similar styles for cheaper. A lot cheaper. Living in [extremely] rural Upstate New York, my efforts will usually go unnoticed, but I don't care-this is what I love doing, it's my passion, and I truly believe that shoes can change your life. 

Right?

Anyways, I wanted to show you, my lovely lusties, my proof. That even though you may think a certain shoe is out of your price range-it's not. There's usually a similar shoe out there that you can wear to your heart's content without freaking out that they'll get ruined or lost (and yes, I've lost LOTS of shoes, I'm still mourning the loss of the PURRFECT pair of black suede heels from Payless!). 

Here is a pair of Brian Atwood Suede Colorblock Pumps, which retail for about $350:
(gorgeous, right?)

Now, here's a pair of Ami Clubwear Fuschia Faux Suede Pumps, which retail for $31.99:
Fuchsia Faux Suede Upper Color Block Peep Toe Tall Pump Platform Heels
Obviously, they aren't exactly the same, but they are similar in their style aspects. It's not about finding an exact "twin", it's moreso about finding something that has the same idea. Here, it's the bright colors and the color blocking (which, btw, I luuuuurve).

Moving on...

I die for this Alice + Olivia Laken Long Tank Dress, which usually retails for $440. Now, you may not be able to find a dress exactly like this, but it sure won't be hard to go another route by using separates!


Basically, all you need is a striped shirt (use horizontal stripes), a skinny belt, and a long maxi skirt. You don't have to use all black and white, it would be cute to add a pop of color in the belt or the skirt-or even the stripes of the shirt! Play around and have some fun with it! 

I'm obsessed with the color of this Chiffon Maxi Skirt from Old Navy. It's only $30 (on sale now!) and it's absolute perfection for Spring. 


The only tanks that fit me well are the Long and Lean Basic Tanks from Target. They're only $8, so I can stock up each season and buy all the colors I need. Since the skirt is so WOW!, I'm going to pair it with a neutral gray and white striped tank. 

Mossimo Supply Co. Juniors Long & Lean Tank - Assorted Colors
skinny belt from Forever 21 will complete your look. I really think the brown will be a bit more casual, which is the look I'm going for here.

You can add your own touch with your bag and your jewelry, I'd go the tribal route, but that's just me. ;)

That's all I've got for tonight, I hope that I've at least given you some inspiration to bargain hunt and realize that you totally CAN look totally put together without spending a fortune. It takes a little time, but in my eyes, it's totally worth it. Because, when you look good, you feel good, and that's what matters the most. 

'Tis all...
sparkle.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...