Tuesday, September 28, 2010

shoes, shoes, shoes!


Soooo...hi. :) I've been totally MIA for the past few months. Having a baby kinda takes any spare time off your hands. He's so worth it though, I love that little stink buns more than anything in this world.

*I've been working on the links forever, and can't figure this out. If you click on them, the link won't work, but if you right click and select the "Go to www....", that will take you to the link.

Anyways, after yet another person told me I should start a fashion blog, I decided to try and pick back up where I left off before. FTR, I still want that taco coin purse. Heh. As always, I promise to only post things that my frugal fashionistas can afford. If I can't buy it, then I won't post it. Promise.

So here's where we begin today-shoes. It's autumn in upstate New York and you know what that means! New shoes for all! Jason's mom took me to Ross while we were in Cali, and she bought me three new pairs of shoes. A pair of over the knee boots, some lace up booties, and a pair of brown leather clogs. I'd take pictures of the actual shoes, but finding other pairs online is much more fun. Get your own pair! ;)

I'll break this down into different styles so it's somewhat organized. Let's start off with boots. Boots without heels to be exact. I buy two pairs of slouchy flat boots every season because I wear them so much. The salt from the roads up here has officially ruined my two favorite pairs, so I'm on the hunt for new ones. I usually get them from Charlotte Russe since they're always have shoe specials like buy one pair, get the other for $10. So I can usually get two pairs of boots for under 50 buckaroos. SCORE! These are $30 and their current special is B1 G1 for $15, so that's $45 plus tax for two pairs of boots that I promise you'll wear all. the. time.



Ok, now onto boots with a heel. I'm going to stick with CR just because of the awesome deal they've got going on now. My two favorite looks are the over the knee sex kitten vibe, and the super badass motorcycle inspired look with plenty of hardware. This first pair is more of a "bootie" and would have to be paired with tights for those of us in the cold weather climates, but they're pretty bomb nonetheless!


I just picture myself sitting on a bench reading some intellectual book wearing these for some reason. Yeah, ok, moving on...

My sex kitten boots, or my f**k me boots...

Rawr. These are thigh highs so a little harder to pull off (literally?), but c'mon, these babies scream sex.

Not feeling so brave? Alright, try these:


I found this awesome pair of Steve Madden booties last year, and I should have snatched them up when I had the chance. Unfortunately, beer money was more important than a new pair of shoes, so I went that route. They were suede, peep toe, and had a little ruffle going down the center of the shoe. They were beyond adorable and I still search for them when I'm at DSW. I've had no luck so far. Oh well...here's the next best thing.

Whomever invented the bootie should be sainted. I cannot express how much I love these shoes. They're just...perfect.

Ok, onto clogs. I just read in my Glamour that Michael Kors (ahhhhhh) himself recommends that every woman try a pair of clogs this season. Just don't pair them with neon tights. Yep, that's what he said! I wore mine with rolled (not cuffed) skinnies and though I looked pretty dern tootin' cute. My pair kinda looks like these, but they're more of a suede material. Which reminds me, I NEED to waterproof all my shoes this year!

Flats? Yes please. I live in my dusty rose metallic ballet flats (that's a mouthful) from Old Navy. I bought 'em while I was preggers and they expanded to fit my swollen fit, yet still fit me now. They're perfect with my skinnies and a little cardigan. I feel very Audrey Hepburn when I put them on. These are my new favorite, the color is perfect and the gold ribbon piping is so pretty. I'm hoping they still have these in stock come payday, so I can snatch them up.


These shoes make my toesies all warm just by LOOKING at them! Ahh, love these. I've had my eye on 'em since I saw them on the commercial! And hello...BOGO? Yessss.


Alright, now we've got heels (I'm almost done, swear). Heels are my fun shoe. A shoe that I can be totally outrageous and all Gaga-esque in (although, I'm not down with the meat shoe, just sayin').

A new take on an old classic:


I just died. I NEED these.


Ok, and here are my two randoms. How do ya feel about sparkly oxfords? I saw them in my Glamour mag and I wouldn't be able to pull them off because of my sasquatch feet, but for those of you blessed with a cute little size 7's, I think you should give them a shot. Ahhh, I want to cry because I want these so bad.


Alright, and last but not least, RAIN BOOTS! I'm going to buy a pair and wear them outside and CARRY my nice shoes in my bag. That way I won't ruin another pair of beloved slouchy boots.


The bootie shown above is a SM Dahlia Bootie from DSW.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...