Saturday, March 12, 2011

I'm going to be selfish for a minute...

So we've got leave dates!



I'm SO super excited to see my hubster after [what will have been by the time he's here] 7 loooong months! And knowing me, what's the first thing I think about?

WHAT AM I GOING TO WEAR?!

It's been so long since I've experienced warm weather, I feel like I don't remember what the weather is like in this frigid state in mid-Spring. I think all Minnesotans go through this phase; we get so used to the cold, that we kinda start to panic once it gets warm. That's why you see so many of us crazies walking around in t-shirts once it hits 40 degrees. We try to SQUEEZE out every ounce of warmth that we can. To be honest, we're scared it's never going to come back.

Ok, I'm kidding. Kinda. But srsly, I have all these things to consider when I'm picking out my "airport" outfit. What if he picks me up and I'm wearing a dress? What if I find something that's sleeveless and then have to find something to put over it if it's cold? What if...GASP...it snows? Is that possible? I mean...it DID snow on Mother's Day last year, so it's possible! Ahhh, so many questions.

Ok, so maybe pants and a cute top would be the best route to go for picking him up. Really, it's been 7 months since he's seen a woman, I really don't think he's going to be paying too much attention to what I'm wearing. Although I'm sure he wouldn't mind something tight and short. I forget how simple men are.

I found a SUPER cute dress at Charlotte Russe today, but now that I see it online and on an actual person, I'm not sure I like it. Honestly, I thought it'd have a deeper neckline, but it doesn't look like it does on the model. I suppose I could "open" it up a little more, but I'm not sure. Sigh...I should have just tried it on in the store! Here's the dress...


I wish the pink part was white, I think I'd like it more. Orrr maybe I should start incorporating more color into my wardrobe! Haha, my closet is full of neutrals; black, white, cream, and gray. Soooo boring!

Then I came across this gem...


Ok, yeah, it's a little trashy, I know, but wouldn't my husband just DIE if I came out in this?! I seriously LURVE it and could really have fun with my shoes. I think I might actually allow myself to wear heels for the night and be taller than my hubs. Ugh. So do I show this to him or surprise him? Decisions, decisions.

Alright, that's enough babbling from me tonight. I'm totally overthinking my wardrobe choices here, but what else is new? I'll shop for a week straight looking for the perfect outfit and won't find a THING and then be all upset because I feel like I look like crap at whatever event I'm attending. No joke, that's how I am.

Alright my lusties, I'm going to go enjoy my Coke, do some more online shopping, and watch a movie. This lady has got some serious alone time on her hands and isn't quite sure what to do with it! :-P



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...