Saturday, March 19, 2011

Let's talk MAXI! Maxi dresses are baaack!

Alright, I understand that not all my readers are able to wear these lovely creations, but since it is Spring (woot!), I felt the need to dedicate a post to my favorite warm weather staple. Maxi dresses are the purrrfect thing to wear when it's freakin' sweltering outside. They're airy and flowy, without showing too much. I lived in these suckers when I was pregnant, and they were SO comfortable. My vow to myself this year is to buy more (haha, awesome promise, my hubs will appreciate that), but NOT only buy them in solid colors. I want one either purple or cobalt dress, but after that, I'm all about the hippie/boho vibe. I'm thinking of throwing a tie-dye one in there as well, we'll see what I come across. Alright, let's shop, shall we?!

Once again, Lulu's has a huge selection of maxi dresses. Some are more on the "daring" side (hell-o, sheerness!), but most of them are pretty tame and totally wearable. It looks like my tie-dye dream came true, because I stumbled across this Billabong Rio Dress. Billabong is the epitome of surfer-cool-chic, so you really can't go wrong here.


Forever 21 is having a Yellow Tag Sale on this Tribal Maxi Dress-it's only $12.40! I lurrrve the design on it, it's so boho and bright. So cheerful! It also comes in a blue and purple pattern.


Charlotte Russe's Tropical Chiffon Maxi Dress reminds me of a mermaid. The mix of turquoise, purple. and red makes me feel like I'm looking at some tropical lagoon. I can feel the breeze now...(give me a moment)

Ok. This dress is beautiful. I love everything about it; the pattern, the color, the sweetheart neckline, everything.


I love Love Culture, do you? So many cute clothes! I love the simple cut of this Belted Tribal Maxi Dress-it's a simple tank dress and it's belted! So adorable. There's something about the print that makes it really wearable too, I love the colors!

Alright, one more dress, and even though this one isn't patterned, I'm in luh-uh-uh-uhve! Have you checked out ASOS yet? They have the cuuutest clothes, and even though some of them are insanely out of reach budgetwise, they have a TON of affordable pieces too. This Vera Moda Knitted Urban Maxi Dress is so chic and low-key. I love the belt that's with it and can totally see it paired with a long, vintagey necklace. Swoooon.



Remember to keep your accessories "natural". This Sequined Basketweave Beach Bag would look great with any of the styles and it's perfect for the beach! Throw in your sunscreen, towel, iPod, and water, and you're set! A wooden bangle like this Paneled Wooden Bracelet would work well with all the dresses. A simple pair of sandals (NOT flip flops) will complete the look.

I hope all you warm weather ladies are soaking up the sun for me! We're slowly getting warmer, it's been in the upper-40's here lately! Woo-hoo, I can see Spring!

2 comments:

  1. I sooo wish I was tall enough to wear them. I think i could pull off a solid black with some tribal touch to the top . Now i just need to find it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a cobalt blue one! I got it at Marshalls :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...