Saturday, March 19, 2011

It's time for another celebrity inspiration!

I was browsing through my copy of People Style Watch (the one with Katy Perry on the cover) and fell in absolute love with one of Audrina Patridge's super casual looks. There's something about those Hills girls-they always seem to get it just right. So many of my looks have centered around skinny jeans, so this look is fresh and new (so fresh and so clean, clean, so fresh and so clean)-perfecto for Spring!

Which reminds me...HAPPY SPRING, lusties! About damn time, eh?

Now, I couldn't find a picture online, so I snapped one using my phone. I've gotta give credit though to the mag, and you can find the full article (which is all about 70's style inspirations) on page 238 of the March 2011 issue. I apologize, my bibliography skillz suck. You all get my point though.


This look is so simple, and I think these pants will be flattering on more body types. She's got 7 For All Mankind jeans on, and they appear to be the Georgia High Waist Leg Trouser in New Zealand, but don't quote me on that. These jeans are amazeballs, but they run about $189/pair. Jeans are one item that you should definitely splurge on, but if you're like me, I can't justify spending almost $200 on a pair. Not when I need formula and baby food. Maybe in ten years, but definitely not now. Check out Plato's Closet or other high end consignment shops, they sometimes will have some 7 jeans and you can scoop up a pair if you get that lucky. The Buckle has a pair of trouser jeans in a darker wash for $49.50-now THAT I can handle! These are the Daytrip Libra Stretch Trouser, and although they're a different wash than Audrina's, they're still awesome.

The rest of this look is even simpler. You can grab any long sleeved tee from your closet or you can go out and buy a new one (if you're a TRUE lustie, you go buy a new one). A v-neck would look cute, but I'm digging the crew neck she's rockin'. Old Navy has a TON of crew and scoop neck tees starting at $6.97! Holy crap, that's a steal! I like the "plum it" and "mineral deposit" colors they have, but you can wear any color that your skin allows. ;)

All that's left are the accessories. Audrina has paired her trousers and tee with a golden braided belt, and once again, Old Navy comes to the rescue with their awesome selection of belts! They have braided belts and plain ol' skinny belts. It would be super adorable if you paired a more neutral colored tee (like the "mineral deposit" color) with a brightly colored belt (like that hot pink one). Gorg! At $12.50 a pop, you can snag a few to switch up your look! Forever 21 has a TON of accessories for super cheap (as if you didn't know), and I found this Dimpled Bracelet for...wait for it...$2-freaking-80! Insanity! I'm kinda over the extreme stacking look, so stick with one. Save money for shoes.

Speaking of shoes, it looks like she's got a simple pair of peep toes on with the jeans. Thing is, your trousers should cover your shoes, so it reeeally doesn't matter what you wear underneath. I plan on wearing my awesome clogs I bought in San Fran last Summer (I found 'em at Ross for a steal @ under 20 bucks!), but you can totally go the stiletto peep toe route if you choose. Lulu's has a drool-inducing selection of shoes and the majority of them are under $50. I have a shoegasm every time I look at their site. Srsly. I found these and my heart pitter-pattered a bit. They totally pull together that groovy 70's vibe. A simple peep toe will look fabulous too, but these Black Nubuck Bow Toe Platform Heels by Qupid are only $32 and so super cute.


Ok, I officially can't wait to go shopping. H&M has been calling my name for days upon days. I need some trouser jeans right meow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...