Thursday, September 13, 2012

Thursday Lusts

I am in a shopping mood today! I am forcing myself to wait to buy anything because I haven't even been able to wear half the new fall things I've already bought. I have so many new cardigans and sweaters that still have the tags on them (shhh, don't tell my hubs), so I'm going to practice some self-restraint and just stick to browsing. The only exception is the skull bracelet I just scored on eBay for less than $2. DEAL.

GoJane

I always love a good pattern, and this one definitely caught my eye. I had to look at it for awhile to decide if I liked it or not, and the verdict is yes, most definitely. I love how it looks like an old, worn in blanket, and the studs add a bit of drama to what could otherwise be another boring cardigan. Pair this with a black tee, jeans, and some combat-style boots. Gold jewelry will finish off the look perfectly! 

I. Am. Dying. Totally, completely, and utterly in love with these heels. I prefer the white ones over the other colors (although the neon green ones are pretty hot), but there is nothing NOT killer about these heels. Wear them with just about anything, but I like a pencil skirt and blouse-the cutouts will up the sex appeal of just about any outfit. BRB, need to wipe the drool off my mouth. 

Remember midi rings? They were a super trend back in the 90's, and now they're making a comeback, along with just about everything else from that decade. I love how delicate this ring is, and how it really can put a spotlight on a fab manicure. I would love just a simple gold or silver band, but the bird adds a bit of personality to it. 

Forever 21:

Ahhh, how adorbs is this black and white striped shirtdress?! I used to hate mixing black and brown, but now I can't get enough. This can easily be transitioned throughout the seasons by adding tights or leggings and pairing it with knee high boots. 

I think every girl needs a chunky sweater in her wardrobe. It can be worn so many different ways and, like the model shows, can either be super masculine (when paired with a button up and jeans), or super feminine (paired with a cami and skirt). Either way, it's great to have such a versatile piece in your closet. Or, keep it in your car/backpack for when those chilly days sneak up on you. It will seriously look chic over everything.

I may need to break my "no shopping" rule for this tote. It's so simple, yet so incredibly chic. Plus, it's big, so it can fit a whole lot of stuff in it (and by "stuff", I mean monster trucks, diapers, and snacks). I'm wondering if I can sneak this by J without him noticing...probably...

Tobi:

Sammie Mesh Sleeve Top in Taupe
This top is so...pretty. The taupe and silver combo is gorge, and I really dig the sparkle detail on the shoulders and the collar. This top can be paired with simple black skinnies or even dressed up with a lacy skirt. Keep your accessories delicate and sparkly, rhinestone studs would be perfect. 

U Back Tank Top in White
There's a look going around on Pinterest that has a low back "dress" with a full skirt. In reality, it's actually a leotard from American Apparel (which will probably run you about $40 if you can find one) and a little mini skirt. This tank would be perfect for pulling off your own version of the look-just add a cute skirt (I'm partial to this one, but you can definitely find your own) and you're set!

Laced Short Sleeve Bodysuit in Neon YellowFlatline Mesh Bodysuit in BlackRockin' Body Suit  in Heather Grey
I love one-pieces. They look great under skirts, trousers, and even skirts. You don't have to worry about your shirt coming untucked, and they give a polished and smooth appearance. Don't pair this top with jeans, or you'll end up looking like you're straight out of Kids, Inc. (and if you catch that reference, you're officially as old as me, and that makes me feel better). My personal fave is the gray jumper on the end, but you can find a ton more here-so go choose your favorite!

Alrighty, Glee is distracting me and I have a snoring (and sick-poor baby) toddler next to me, so I'm off to finish my show and then crash. If you're luckier than me and have a little extra to shop with, try not to rub it in too much! ;)

Happy Shopping!

blank-2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...