Sunday, January 6, 2013

5 EASY Steps To A Flawless Face!

I've been getting a lot of questions regarding an Instagram photo I took, and how I get my skin to look so flawless. I thought I'd try a tutorial, but since I'm not the most eloquent person, it came out a little scattered. So, I figured I would write it out step-by-step, and it should be easy enough to understand!

Here's the photo I posted, and let me tell ya, it took A LOT of courage to post my "before" pic, my make-up free face. I'm super self-conscious without make-up, and to post it to the Internet takes a lot of guts. 

Alright, so here are the suuuuper easy steps to get a "flawless" face. I promise it's not scary, and anyone can do it! 
Here is what you will need before you get started:
1. BB Cream: I use the L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic BB Cream and it is, by far, the best BB Cream I've come across. It goes on white, and then blends perfectly into your skin tone. 

2. A foundation that matches your skin tone: I use Revlon Photoready Airbrush Mousse Makeup because it's inexpensive and goes on smoothly, but it can be a little heavy. Considering that a lot of women are wearing the wrong makeup shade, your best bet (if you don't know what shade you wear) is to go to a makeup counter to be matched by a professional. They will be able to tell you if you should wear a warm, cool, or neutral shade, and what color best matches your skin tone. You will usually receive a free sample good for about 10 days, so if you can't afford to buy a higher end brand, you can take the shade to a drugstore/Ulta and match it to a less expensive brand.

3. Loose Powder: I use Bare Minerals, but you can use any powder that you prefer. If you'd prefer to have a lighter coverage, and just use the powder to "set" your makeup, you can go with a translucent powder. I like E.L.F. HD Loose Powder (buy it from Target, it's only $3 there!) because it's inexpensive, but goes on just as well as the MUFE brand.

4. Blush: I love my Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Dollface because it's the perfect shade of pink and it lasts all day. I definitely did not pay $25 for it, but $10, and it came in a dual pack with their awesome bronzer. They're travel sizes, but I prefer those, because they're easier to travel with. You can also use E.L.F. Studio Blush in Passion Pink-the shade looks scary, but it goes on really easily and blends with every skin tone-promise!

5. Bronzer: I use a flat, light, brown shade to contour, like NYC Bronzer in Sunny. Obviously, if your skin is darker, you'll need to use a darker shade, but make sure there's no shimmer, just a flat brown shade.

Ok, now you're ready to get started! Make sure that your skin is prepped (cleansed, exfoliated if necessary, and toned), so that the makeup can be evenly applied. You can use a sponge, brush, or your fingers to apply the BB Cream all over your face. Make sure you blend into your forehead, sides of your nose, and along your jawline. I will sometimes even use a little on my neck to even everything out (that's seriously how uneven my skin tone is)!

Once the BB cream is applied, you will notice a world of difference. If you aren't happy with the evenness just yet, apply foundation just in the areas where you need it. Lightly dab it on any blemishes, blend it under your eyes to cover circles or redness, and anywhere else that still appears uneven. Use a foundation or concealer brush for this for the best coverage.

Your skin should be fairly even by now. Give it a minute to set, and then apply your powder all over your face. Make sure you're using a brush specifically for powder, the bigger the better!

A lot of women neglect to wear blush, and I think that's one of the biggest beauty blunders you can make. Blush brightens up your face, makes you appear awake and refreshed, and adds a "happy glow" to anyone! Put a biiiiig smile on your face, dab a little blush on your cheekbones, and then blend upwards. Make sure it's blended, and you don't have a big ol' pink stripe going up your cheeks. 

Onto the contouring, which can be the trickiest part. Make a face like a fish. Where your cheeks "sink in", make a thin line with the bronzer going upwards. Blend. Then blend again. Then blend again. Do that on each side and blend again (see a trend here?). If you feel like you want to slim down your nose, apply a line down each side of your nose. Then blend, blend, blend! I always apply a little at the top of my forehead, and then along my jawline. 

Look in the mirror and smile because you're done! I always add a little mascara, fill in my brows, and a touch of lip gloss before being done, but that only takes a matter of seconds! 

I challenge my readers to give this a try and let me know what you think! I'm by no means an expert, but I've tried countless routines, and this one has definitely given me the best coverage!

Always remember this, you are beautiful, and it's truly what's on the inside that makes you shine. 

audrey 

-CJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...