Sunday, January 13, 2013

Fashion Of Golden Globes' Past

I am obsessed with awards season. I will religiously watch the red carpet pre-shows for hours on end and gasp out loud when I see a killer look. The #1 thing on my bucket list is to walk a red carpet in a designer gown (preferably Marchesa or Oscar de la Renta), but I'm assuming I'll have to settle for a military ball wearing something from Macy's. 

This year for the Globes, I'm hoping to see some fashion risks. It's been quite the year for the fashion industry, and I'd love to see some starlets step outside their box (I'm talking to you, Sofia Vergara). While I'm waiting to see what everyone steps out in this year, let's take a walk down memory lane and relive some of our (or my) favorite looks from years past!

2012 ( photo creds)

Lea Michele in Marchesa | Charlize Theron in Dior Couture


Michelle Williams in Jason Wu | Emma Stone in Lanvin


Nicole Kidman in Versace | Elle Macpherson in Zac Posen

2011 (photo creds)

0116olivia-wilde-marchesa-golden-globes-2011_fa.jpg0116emma-stone-calvin-klein-golden-globes-2011_fa.jpg
Olivia Wilde in Marchesa | Emma Stone in Calvin Klein Collection

(2011 was a pretty lackluster year for me, in case you didn't notice. I just wasn't that impressed, and don't even get me started on that Natalie Portman dress...gag)

2010 (photo creds)


Olivia Wilde in Gucci | Emily Blunt in Dolce and Gabbana



Kate Hudson in Marchesa | Anna Paquin in Stella McCartney (photo creds)

2009 (photo creds)

Look of the Day photo | Eva MendesLook of the Day photo | Amy Adams
Eva Mendes in Dior | Amy Adams in Oscar de la Renta

Look of the Day photo | Olivia WildeLook of the Day photo | Jennifer Lopez
Olivia Wilde in Reem Acra | Jennifer Lopez in Marchesa

Well, if that's not enough to get you through the day, then I invite you to keep browsing all the past fashions. Who would you wear on the red carpet if you could choose any designer?
Of course, you already know my pick, but here are some of my specific favorites...


Oscar de la Renta  | Oscar de la Renta


Oscar de la Renta

Enjoy the show tonight, and let me know your personal faves!

blank-2






     

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...