Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Celeb Inspirations-Lauren Conrad

So I've wanted to do Lauren Conrad for awhile, but since her style is similar to Kim K's, I wanted to break it up with a different look last week. The hardest part about Lauren is that she is a California girl-and in California, they don't have much of a winter. Now that it's starting to get colder for many of my readers, I doubt you guys will be wearing tank tops and sandals anymore (or much longer, depending on where you are). I managed to find one look of hers that I really liked, and even though it's pretty simple, I really like how she pulled it off. It's easy enough that you can probably collect items from your own closet, but it's still a well put together look. This look is a clean slate, so you can add pops of color and your own personal flair to it if you choose to. Or you can stick with the simple, rustic look like Lauren.

(wear a nude colored cami underneath this)

Kohl's won't let me post an image, so click the link to view it. I'm not a HUGE fan of the pockets, because I like to be able to slip my phone/keys/ID in the back, but I can get over it because I am in love with the classic blue color of the denim. It's hard to find a genuine pair of "blue jeans" nowadays, let alone find a pair that actually fits well. I am obsessed with my Levi's skinnies, and they're actually decent quality. 

I love the color of these boots. The warm, buttery brown looks so soft, and it's the perfect shade for fall. 

Your grand total is $110.80!
Just think, you got THREE key pieces that you can now incorporate into your wardrobe. These are all pretty classic pieces as well, so you'll be able to wear them for awhile. So you've got about $40 left to spend, what should we buy? Here's a few more ideas, but remember to make this look your own. Add an heirloom necklace, a fun bag, or some chunky earrings...whatever makes you feel unique!

This ring was waiting for me on Charlotte Russe's first page of jewelry. I am obsessed with turquoise jewelry, I think it's so clean and classic. The added rhinestones add the perfect amount of sparkle to the outfit.

I love the industrial/military look of this messenger bag. The fact that it's big enough to hold my phone/wallet/keys/diapers/bottles/pacifiers/etc makes it a winner in my book. And I can wear it crossbody which is even better.

Add a pop of color with these dangly earrings. I love the shade of magenta in these earrings and how 
antique-y they look. It's the perfect way to add color to such a neutral outfit without being overly flashy.

In case you didn't notice, you can buy all three of these pieces and still stay under the $150 limit!

Happy saving!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...